The Nalón Valley Mancomunidad comprises of the municipalities of Langreo, San Martín del Rey Aurelio, Laviana, Sobrescopio and Caso. It is located in the central south-eastern part of the Principality of Asturias, not many kilometres from the main cities of Oviedo, Gijón and Avilés.
The road network that covers the Asturian region enables one to easily access the Nalón Valley from all parts of the Asturian Principality.
- If you come from the centre of Asturias, Oviedo, Gijón or Avilés, you take the AS-17 Avilés–Puerto de Tarna road. From the cities of Gijón and Mieres one takes the AS-1 Minera motorway.
- From Riaño, León and the Puerto de Tarna you enter directly into the Nalón Valley through the Redes Natural Park.
- The North-South road network connections use Madrid as the epicentre, with Andalucia using the A-4 (Cádiz-Madrid) and the Comunidad Valenciana the A-3 (Valencia–Madrid).
- From Madrid the road access is by the A-6 from Madrid to Benavente and the A-66 Benavente-Oviedo-Langreo.
- On the Cataluña-Asturias route, you travel on the A-2 from Barcelona to Zaragoza, then the A-68 from Zaragoza to Bilbao, and from there the A-8 to access the Nalón Valley.
- The route from Lisbon to Asturias can be made by two itineraries: The E-802 from Lisbon to Guarda, the A-62 Guarda-Salamanca-Tordesillas, the A-6 Toredesillas-Benavente and then the A-66 Benavente-Oviedo-Langreo. The other option is Lisbon-Oporto-Santiago de Compostela, Avilés-Oviedo-Langreo.